We all are aware that we can operate Roku streaming devices without remote with the Roku smartphone app. Have you lost Roku remote? You may have the query of setting up Roku without a remote? If your remote has been lost or broken, you will still be able to connect it to the Internet or WiFi. We’ll tell you some tips on How to Connect Roku to WiFi without remote.
Roku presents you with the easiest way to stream your TV hassle-free and enjoy the entertainment. You can access a lot of channels to watch once your Roku device and internet get connected. After the primary setup, it will connect your Roku device to the home WiFi network automatically each time you use the device. Make sure that your new WiFi connection is in good working condition.
In case you change the WiFi router or WiFi password, it requires you to connect the Roku device to the new WiFi manually.
Procedure to Connect Roku to WiFi without remote:
These simple and quick steps will let you know about How to Connect Roku to WiFi without remote. It is a straightforward task that requires a high speed and stable internet connection.
Setting Up by Using Mobile Hotspot
The most simplistic way for you to access the Roku is with your smartphone and has helped a lot of Roku users to connect Roku to WiFi without remote. You can connect your Roku to WiFi using Mobile Hotspot. You have to enable the hotspot of your smartphone.
- In the beginning, go to the Settings of your phone.
- Select the Mobile Hotspot option and then select setup at Mobile Hotspot. This will be in the “Wi-Fi” segment. However, the location of “Mobile Hotspot” can vary based on different operating systems.
- Press the OK option when the warning of Mobile Data Usage appears on your screen.
- Now, add the Wi-Fi network name and select WPA2 PSK as the Security mode.
- Once done, now you have to save it. And then activate the Hotspot.
- Next, download the Roku app. If you are an Android user download from your Google Play Store and if you are an iOS user download from iOS App Store.
- After installation, Open the app.
- Press the Remote icon in the app found at the bottom of the screen.
- The remote displays on the next screen. It will be the same as the Roku hardware remote. It is very helpful in case you Lost Roku remote
- Now, use the keys in the virtual remote design displayed on your mobile and connect to the WiFi.
- Go to the Settings menu and locate your wireless network.
- Once it locates your wireless network, enter the password of the network to proceed and it will connect the device to the Internet to Connect Roku to WiFi without remote.
Setting Up of Roku Stick Without Remote: Connect it via Wi-Fi
Before starting the procedure to connect Roku to WiFi without remote, make sure that you have two mobile phones with you and you should have the Roku mobile application installed on the smartphone which will be used as a remote. In addition, check out the below steps.
- Open the Settings of your phone and select the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Now, On the Mobile Data Usage, choose Ok.
- Enter the security key, the SSID, and other Wi-Fi network data saved on your Roku device.
- Ensure you save the settings and then activate the Mobile Hotspot by selecting OK.
- Next, connect your second smartphone to the mobile hotspot.
- Following, open the Roku App on the second mobile device. Then scroll to the bottom screen to select the Remote icon.
- And now you have to turn on the Roku device and launch the Network Settings window on it.
- You can choose to change the Network Settings to match your new Wi-Fi network that you want to connect.
- Finally, you have to turn off the Mobile Hotspot on the phone. After that, connect it to the network that your Roku uses.
This is an extremely important solution, and you may need this if you lost Roku remote. These steps should help you know How to connect Roku to WiFi without remote. You can go through these steps one by one and ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
Things required to connect Roku to WiFi
- To connect Roku to WiFi without remote, make sure you have two mobile phones. This is because one will be a Roku device hotspot, and the other device will be used as the Roku remote.
- Make certain to know the name and password for the wireless network of Roku.
- Install the Roku mobile application on the mobile which will be utilized as a remote.
- The smartphone device should be “Mobile Hotspot”’ enabled.
Don’t worry If you have lost Roku remote. Now as you have an idea about How to Connect Roku to WiFi without remote and enjoy the trouble-free streaming with your friends and family.
If your Roku remote control is simply not working, you can also read our guide on how to pair your Roku remote.