A Roku Player offers you an ample number of movies and TV shows right at your home. Generally, people enjoy their free time watching movies or TV episodes through paid services or free, non-paid channels. A Roku Player usually comes along with a Roku remote. The days of using convoluted remotes are gone, all thanks to Roku. Roku remotes are too handy to use. But what if you find suddenly that your Roku Remote stopped working! Here, let’s discuss on How to Pair Roku Remote and How to Reset Roku Remote
How to Pair Roku Remote –
The remote of a Roku Player is of two types. The first one is Standard Infrared (i.e., IR) remote and the other one is Roku Enhanced Remote (Roku Point Anywhere).
How to Pair IR Roku Remote:
IR Roku Remote is well compatible with many Roku models such as Roku LT, Roku HD, XD, and XDS, Roku N1, Roku 1, 2, and 3, 2 HD, XD, and XS, Roku Express and Express+, Premiere and Select Roku TVs. If you want to pair your Standard Infrared Remote with Roku Device, then have a look at these following steps to know How to Pair Roku Remote.
- First of all, pair the Roku Device with your TV and the power outlet.
- Depending on the model of your device, choose and insert the batteries into your IR Roku Remote (you may need AA or AAA batteries for your IR Roku Remote).
- After you are done with inserting batteries, press on any buttons on your IR Roku Remote. After pressing, your IR Roku Remote will automatically get connected with the Roku Device.
There is no need for any additional pairing. Use your IR Roku Remote from close vicinity as it uses infrared signals. Always keep this in mind while using the IR Roku Remote. We will also share the steps on How to Reset Roku Remote if you require resetting your Roku Remote Pairing
How to Pair Roku Enhanced Remote:
Roku Enhanced Remotes or Roku Point Anywhere remotes are easily suitable with Roku Streaming Stick+ along with Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 2 (4210), 3, 4, Ultra and Premiere+. If you do not identify whether you are using a Roku Point Anywhere Remote or not, look at these following features on your remote:
- Voice Control
- Power on and off button
- Two Game Control Buttons i.e., A and B
- Headphone Jack
- Remote Finder Alert
Now, if you are using Roku Enhanced Remote, follow these points to know How to Pair Roku Remote with your Roku Device.
- First and foremost, always make a point to insert the batteries into your Roku Enhanced Remote.
- After inserting, switch on your Roku Device
- Then press on any buttons on your Roku Enhanced Remote. By doing so, you will find your Roku Enhanced Remote is paired with the Roku Device.
How to Reset Roku Remote-
If you find your Roku Remote stopped working suddenly, then you may require resetting your Roku Remote Pairing. Here, look at the steps on how to reset Roku Remote:
- Firstly, unplug your Roku Device from the power outlet and then reconnect your Roku Remote after around 5 seconds.
- After appearing on the home menu on your TV display, then make a point to insert all the batteries on to your Roku remote. Leave the battery compartment of your remote open.
- Find the pairing button on your Roku remote. If you do not find the pairing button, then you are using a standard IR Roku Remote.
- If you are able to locate the pairing button on your Roku remote, then give a long press on it for about 3 seconds or until you notice any pairing light appearing on your Roku remote. In case you do not see any remote pairing light then again give a try. But still, if you do not get any such result then opt for another set of new batteries. It might happen that due to any batteries problem, pairing light didn’t appear.
- Then wait for few seconds to pair your Roku Remote with the Roku Device. Once you know How to Pair Roku Remote, you will find a pop-up message appearing on your TV screen stating that the pairing process is completed.
After going through all these following steps, you will find your Roku Remote is functioning again. You will be able to control all the programs on your Roku Device via the remote. This might bring a solution to the issue of Roku Remote stopped working
Locate The Pairing Button On Your Roku Remote-
If you are unable to find the pairing button on your Roku Remote, then check out these points:
- Open up your Roku Remote’s battery compartment.
- After opening, you will find a button near the battery compartment edge. Depending on which remote model you are using, the position (front side or right side) of the pairing button may vary.
Add-on a New Remote-
You can also get the option of adding a second remote in order to control your same Roku Player. Adding a second remote can make the gameplay easy and convenient for two people. Let’s have a look at how to pair a new second remote on the same Roku Device.
- First of all, go to the “Home Menu”.
- Then, navigate to the “Settings” option and click on it. You will find it on the left-hand side on your display.
- Choose the “Remote” option from there.
- After choosing a remote option, go to “Pair Remote” and tap on it.
- There you can see the remote that is already paired with your Roku device. Choose the “Right Arrow”.
- You will notice a page appearing on your screen. The page carries all the instructions on how to connect a new Roku Remote along with the existing one. Follow those instructions to proceed further.
- If you find any issue regarding the pairing of your second remote or if it is not pairing, then give a second attempt by following all these steps from the first.
To sum it up, these are the overall steps on How to Pair Roku Remote or How to Reset Roku Remote if you find your Roku Remote stopped working all of a sudden. So, go, give a try and get your Roku Remote all set for Roku Device or Player by going through our steps.