Are you getting a ¨Error Message¨ on Screen? As Roku is an electronic device a wrong connection or selection of a wrong setting can lead to difficulties with Roku. Even though using the Roku streaming device is quite easy, there are situations when the Roku error code 003 appears. Usually, Roku Software Error Code 003 appears when Roku cannot update to the latest software, or sometimes it does not show you several internet channels.
The causes of the occurrence of Roku Error Code 003
- Server errors at its back-end are a very common reason for Roku Software Error Code 003. In this case, you can only wait until the back end server issue is resolved completely, you can’t do anything about it.
- Poor internet connection can also cause a problem. Make sure you have a reliable internet connection because when the device updates the software, it needs a proper internet connection.
- If your device is not updated to the current version, you can possibly face Roku error code 003. So be alert for the right next time and update your Roku device sporadically. Roku releases various updates from time to time to either add additional features or eliminate issues. The updates help to makes the device error-free.
- Sometimes the Roku device has suffered network security protocols issues. Be sure that you do not set the security model as AES.
The error usually occurs because of network failure or when the server is not found. Let’s discuss How to Fix Roku Error Code 003.
Restart Your System
- Before you Troubleshoot Roku Error Code 003, you should always try restarting the system first.
- Restart your Roku device by going through Settings, then System, and then to System Restart.
- While using Roku TV go to settings then system then power and lastly click on the System restart.
- Wait for a few minutes for Roku Device to turn off and on.
The first step on How to Fix Roku Error Code 003 i.e. to restart your system, generally works for many people.
Check Roku Server Status
Once you are facing Roku Software Error Code 003 issue, before you move onto adjusting your network settings, it is recommended that you check if Roku is facing issues with the servers at its backend. If the servers are experiencing maintenance, there is nothing you can do, but wait. Once it gets backs to the normal situation, then attempt to update your Roku device.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection. If the internet connection is bad, the Roku device is not going to update the software.
- Enter the exact wireless network username and password.
- Check that the wireless network’s name is ‘SSID’ and the password is ‘WEP’ or ‘WPA’.
- Maintain the router and Roku close to each other so that they can get proper wireless signal strength.
Changing Network Security Protocol
There are many possibilities that Roku refuses to update to the latest version or does not connect due to the security protocol used on the internet. Therefore, it can also act as a hindrance to the Troubleshoot Roku Error Code 003 process.
- Open your router’s settings, then open its settings IP address. You often find the address at the back of the router or it is already there in its documentation. It is something like ‘184.108.40.206’.
- Once you open the settings, then navigate to the Wireless or Security option and be sure that you do not select the security model as AES. If it is, then change it to WPAK2-PSK (TKIP) and click the save settings button.
- After changing the security mode, check the new settings, and then attempt connecting from your Roku to the network, check if it solves the problem.
Check if the Roku Software Error Code 003 issue still occurs.
Ethernet And Wireless connection for Roku Error Code 003
In case the Roku error code 003 still occurs, then try using an Ethernet connection rather than a wireless connection to connect the device to the router.
- Some Roku devices contain the ability to connect to the network using both wired and wireless connections. Hence some Roku devices are efficient in connecting to the Ethernet.
- Connect your Roku to the modem by Ethernet cable as it gives a faster and more secure connection.
You will require a LAN cable to connect Roku with the router. Plug one end of the wire to the router and the other end to Roku. Plug the wires in both the pots and check if the error is resolved or not.
The Roku error code 003 which users experience makes the player stops working. Roku streaming player classically combines specialties and performance. It is one of the best streaming players. Roku provides the world of entertainment, but these errors can irritate, which can stop your entertainment.
These are the steps on How to Fix Roku Error Code 003 and update your software. Follow these steps to overcome all your difficulties related to Error code 003. Now Troubleshoot Roku Error Code 003 with no complexity and enjoy hassle-free streaming. Make the best of your experience without interruptions.