Roku gives you the benefit of streaming online shows, serials, series, and channels with the use of the Internet. But all of this is possible if your Remote is working. If your Roku remote stopped working, you won’t be able to get all the services. So the necessary point is you need to know to pair the Roku remote (You can find Roku Remote pairing button on the remote) and how to reset Roku remote so that you can stream endlessly.
There are two types of Roku remote, and here you will know how to pair Roku remote each one of them with a detailed explanation.
- IR Remote
- Enhanced remote
IR Remote: To confirm, if the remote is IR remote, there won’t be a pairing button. The IR Remote works with a direct line of sight with the Roku device.
Enhanced Remote: The enhanced remote comes with additional features, a microphone, a headphone jack, and much more.
What will you usually find on an enhanced Remote?
- A power button
- A mute button
- Volume button
- Shortcut buttons
- A Headphone Jack
- Voice buttons for search and control
Pairing Roku IR remote
The need to pair Roku remote arises when the Roku remote stopped working and pairing is done to resolve the issue. The pairing of IR remote starts with connecting the Roku player/device to the TV or monitor and then plugging into the power resource. Then you insert new batteries into the Roku remote and press the button. And if you are standing close by, the pairing starts immediately.
- Connect the Roku device with TV: Firstly, connect your Roku device with the TV and connect the TV to the power supply.
- Altering the TV to HDMI input: Secondly, change the TV to HDMI input. What you need to do is pushing the button on the TV remote.
- Inserting new batteries: Now insert batteries to your Roku remote. You can insert new ones or the ones that are working.
- Pressing the button on the remote: Press any button on the Roku remote. By doing this, it will automatically pair up the Roku remote. As the IR Remote demands, keep the Roku remote in line of sight with the Roku device.
These are the simple steps to follow if you want to pair using the Roku remote pairing button.
Pairing Enhanced remote
To pair Roku remote, the steps for enhanced remote are also similar, but there is a difference in the way of pairing. Refer to the points below to know in detail How to pair Roku remote?
- Connect the Roku device to the remote: At first, connect the Roku device to the Roku remote and connect the Roku device with the TV. Power on the plug too.
- Changing the TV to HDMI input: Press the input button or the source button on your Roku Remote to complete this process.
- Replacing the batteries: The next step is to replace the batteries. You can replace the batteries if these are not working or if the batteries are functioning, you can pull them out and place them again.
- Pairing the remote: Now, to pair using the Roku Remote pairing button, all you need to do is to keep the Roku remote near the device. The Roku Remote will start pairing in some time. A message on the TV screen will appear confirming the pairing of Roku Remote. At last, you will receive a notification confirming the pairing of the Roku remote.
I hope this gives you all your answers regarding how to pair Roku Remote if the Roku remote Stopped working.
However, there can be times when pairing Roku remote is not enough. In such a case, you will need to reset your Roku remote.
Refer below if you are finding ways how to reset Roku remote?
Resetting Roku Remote
- Unplugging: Begin by unclogging your Roku device or Roku player from the power source.
- Removing batteries: Secondly, remove the batteries from the Roku remote.
- Plugin the device: The next step is to plug in the device again. Do this within 5-6 seconds of removing batteries.
- Replacing the batteries: Now, after connecting the device with power, replace the batteries.
- Pairing: After replacing the batteries, press the pairing button on the Roku remote. Press the button till you get the pairing light on the Roku remote.
- Completion of Pairing: Wait for a while till the pairing is complete. At last, you will get the acknowledgment notification on your Monitor or TV screen for a successful pairing.
The steps above are all you need to know about How to reset Roku Remote?
Where is the pairing button located on the enhanced remote?
If you are referring to the enhanced Roku remote, you will find the pairing button in the batteries department. For locating this, open the back of the Roku remote you will find the button in the batteries compartment.
How to pair IR remote without pairing button?
By now, you know how to pair using Roku remote pairing button, but to pair without a pairing button, refer to the steps below
- At first, ensure that there is a direct signal between the Roku remote and the Roku device. They are in the line of sight as required. If anything is acting as a blockage, remove the obstruction.
- Thereafter, remove the batteries and put them again in their place, and try if it is working.
- If you are still facing the problem, remove these batteries, and replace them with new batteries, check the signal and see if it starts working.
Also read: Roku Remote Not Pairing